Here’s the how…
- Needle size 4mm and keeping the tension quite tight to get a dense fabric
- 49 sts cast on using a cable cast on
- Knitted in Close Stitch …
CO an odd number of sts.
Row 1: (WS) Knit across
Row 2: (RS) K1, (s1wyib, k1) repeat to end of row
I also slipped the last stitch of each row purlwise with the yarn in front to give nice neat edges.
- I knitted around 5″ then worked 2 knit rows to swap the RS and WS rows over half way through so that when it’s sewed into a mitt I get one smooth side and one smooth side.
- The whole piece measures just over 10″ in total which when folded over fits my hand perfectly.